Do you have a fear of public speaking?
Many people say that speaking in public is one of the most nerve racking things they have to do. There are a few techniques to help you control your nerves.
* Be prepared. Generally speaking you will find the more prepared you are the less nervous you will be.
* Have a stretch. Bend forward, backwards, left and right. Stretch your arms.
* Do the mouth and lip exercises that I demonstrated in tip number 9.
But the most valuable tip I can give is to focus on the audience and not on yourself. If you’re speaking and focusing on
* How do I sound?
* How do I look?
* What are they thinking of me?
* How long before I get off?
That is when you’ll get nervous
If you focus on:
* Teaching your audience
* Entertaining your audience
* Inspiring your audience
the focus will be on your audience and not on you. As a result your nerves will eventually disappear.