A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent fear of an object or situation. The phobia typically results in a rapid onset of fear and is present for more than six months. The affected person will go to great lengths to avoid the situation or object, typically to a degree greater than the actual danger posed. If the feared object or situation cannot be avoided, the affected person will have significant distress. With blood or injury phobia, fainting may occur. Agoraphobia is often associated with panic attacks. Usually a person has phobias to a number of objects or situations.
Phobias can be divided into specific phobias, social phobia, and agoraphobia.Types of specific phobias include to certain animals, natural environment situations, blood or injury, and specific situations. The most common are fear of spiders, fear of snakes, and fear of heights. Occasionally they are triggered by a negative experience with the object or situation. Social phobia is when the situation is feared as the person is worried about others judging them. Agoraphobia is when fear of a situation occurs because it is felt that escape would not be possible.
Specific phobias should be treated with exposure therapy where the person is introduced to the situation or object in question until the fear resolves. Medications are not useful in this type of phobia.Social phobia and agoraphobia are often treated with some combination of counselling and medication. Medications used include antidepressants, benzodiazepines, or beta-blockers.
Specific phobias affect about 6-8% of people in the Western world and 2-4% of people in Asia, Africa, and Latin America in a given year. Social phobia affects about 7% of people in the United States and 0.5-2.5% of people in the rest of the world. Agoraphobia affects about 1.7% of people. Women are affected about twice as often as men. Typically onset is around the age of 10 to 17. Rates become lower as people get older. People with phobias are at a higher risk of suicide.
• Money & Success Multiplier.
• Dr. Deepak Kelkar.
• Psychiatrist, Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist,
• De-addiction Specialist.
• Anxiety and Depression ( counseling )
• Life Coach, Business Coach
Please subscribe my YouTube Channel for Videos on above subjects on following link.
Visit my Website – www.kelkarhospital.in
E-mail – email@example.com
Mobile No. – +919822570101
Facebook Page –
Please watch my other videos on youtube by clicking following link : –
1) Self Hypnosis victory on mind hindi स्वसंमोहन का प्रात्याक्षिक
2) NLP making Subconscious Mind Strong and Powerful (Hindi)
3) Prepare Yourself for Studies Best & Smart Scientific Techniques खुद को पढाई के लिये तैयार करे कैसे
4) Negative Thoughts Causing Tomorrow Syndrome & Perfection Syndrome(Hindi) मन कि नकारात्मक सोच
5) Exam Phobia Treatment with Hypnotism Hindi परीक्षा का डर
6) Treatment of Stuttering Hypnotism संमोहन से हकलाने का इलाज
7) Treatment of Stuttering (Hindi) हकलाने का इलाज
8) Anxiety disorder and Hypnotism चिंता कि समस्या और हिप्नॉटीझम
9) Voice of Subconscious mind स्वसंवाद
10) Sex Tonic How Useful (hindi) सेक्स टॉनिक कितना उपयोगी ?
11) Depression cause of Suicide (Hindi) निराशा और आत्महत्या
12) कोचिंग – धंदा डबल कैसे करे coaching for doubling business in Hindi
13) Why delegation Fails (in Hindi) लोग काम क्यों नही सुनते?
Please watch: “Create Purpose for Success – बड़ा बनना है तो बड़ा उद्देश तयार करो (Hindi) by Dr. Deepak Kelkar”