Do you get anxious before you #present?
If you’re being honest with yourself, and I hope you are, the answer to one degree or another is always, YES. There are 2 factors at play.
1) Biology – Your bodies’ natural fight or flight mechanism. Things like increased heart rate, sweaty palms, rapid breathing, etc.
2) Psychology – Your mind getting wrapped up in thinking you’re going to screw this up.
It’s difficult to eliminate these 2 factors, but there are ways to mitigate them.
– Exercise to burn off that excess energy you’re body is giving you.
– Meditate or other form of relaxation to get yourself centered.
– Move around when you rehearse or present to give that energy a place to go.
In addition to these, the biggest thing is your attitude. Rather than living in the negativity (I’m going to screw up, look like a fool, make a mistake, etc.), instead shift your mind into a place of positivity. Think about the positive impact you can have, the lives you can change, the opportunity to demonstrate your value, knowledge and passion.
Learn to Present with Purpose. #abpresents