Different Types of Phobias
The American Psychiatric Association recognizes more than 100 different phobias. Here are a few of the most common.
Agoraphiobia is a fear of places or situations that you can’t escape from. The word itself refers to “fear of open spaces.” People with agoraphobia fear being in large crowds or trapped outside the home. They often avoid social situations altogether and stay inside their homes.
Many people with agoraphobia fear they may have a panic attack in a place where they can’t escape. Those with chronic health problems may fear they will have a medical emergency in a public area or where no help is available.
Social phobia is also referred to as “social anxiety disorder.” This is extreme worry about social situations that can lead to self-isolation. A social phobia can be so severe that the simplest interactions, such as ordering at a restaurant or answering the telephone, can cause panic. Those with social phobia will often go out of their way to avoid public situations.
Many people dislike certain situations or objects, but to be a true phobia, the fear must interfere with your daily life. Some of the most common include the following.
Glossophobia: Performance anxiety, or the fear of speaking in front of an audience. People with this phobia have severe physical symptoms when they even think about being in front of a group of people.
Acrophobia: The fear of heights. People with this phobia will avoid mountains, bridges, or the higher floors of buildings. Symptoms include vertigo, dizziness, sweating, and feeling as if you’ll pass out or lose consciousness.
Claustrophobia: The fear of enclosed or tight spaces. Severe claustrophobia can be especially disabling if it prevents you from riding in cars or elevators.
Aviatophobia: The fear of flying.
Dentophobia: Fear of the dentist or dental procedures. This phobia generally develops after an unpleasant experience at a dentist’s office. It can be harmful if it prevents you from obtaining needed dental care.
Hemophobia: Fear of blood or injury. A person with hemophobia may faint when they come in contact with their own or another person’s blood.
Arachnophobia: Fear of spiders.
Cynophobia: Fear of dogs.
Ophidiophobia: Fear of snakes.
Nyctophobia: Fear of the nighttime or darkness. This phobia almost always begins as a typical childhood fear. When it progresses past adolescence, it’s considered a phobia.
Phobia is curable Hypnotherapist, meditation & medicines
Dr. Deepak kelkar (MD)
*De – addiction specialist,
*Money & success multiplier
Please watch my videos on youtube by clicking following link : –
1) Self Hypnosis victory on mind hindi स्वसंमोहन का प्रात्याक्षिक
2) NLP making Subconscious Mind Strong and Powerful (Hindi)
3) Prepare Yourself for Studies Best & Smart Scientific Techniques खुद को पढाई के लिये तैयार करे कैसे
4) Negative Thoughts Causing Tomorrow Syndrome & Perfection Syndrome(Hindi) मन कि नकारात्मक सोच
5) Exam Phobia Treatment with Hypnotism Hindi परीक्षा का डर
6) Treatment of Stuttering Hypnotism संमोहन से हकलाने का इलाज
7) Treatment of Stuttering (Hindi) हकलाने का इलाज
8) Anxiety disorder and Hypnotism चिंता कि समस्या और हिप्नॉटीझम
9) Voice of Subconscious mind स्वसंवाद
10) Sex Tonic How Useful (hindi) सेक्स टॉनिक कितना उपयोगी ?
11) Depression cause of Suicide (Hindi) निराशा और आत्महत्या
12) कोचिंग – धंदा डबल कैसे करे coaching for doubling business in Hindi
13) Why delegation Fails (in Hindi) लोग काम क्यों नही सुनते?
14) स्वसंमोहन Hypnotize Yourself – Rule Mind (Hindi)
15) Master the technique of Stage Hypnosis (Hindi) स्टेज हीप्नॉटीझम