For more information and pictures from this place visit: https://8-01.co.uk/urbex/abandoned-bishopgarth-police-training-facility-wakefield/
Bishopgarth was first built in 1891 for the Bishop to live in. In 1946 it became the West Yorkshire Metropolitan Police Training School. The classrooms were built in 1952 and the new block added in 1969. There are 14 courses for training policemen and women including courses in fingerprints, computer training, firearms, public speaking and traffic management. Bishopgarth can take a maximum of 250 students at any one time and usually there are 200 students staying there. The police moved to a new facility in Carr Gate in 2014 and planning has proposed for 150 homes on the site.
Source – 28dayslater user Paulxsplore
GoPro Hero Session
Music – Clams Casino – God