The Florida Institute of Technology is excited to release a new CE, Practical Functional Assessment and Meaningful Treatment of Problem Behavior with Dr. Greg Hanley.
Register Here: https://abafit.coursewebs.com/cart/pageCourseInfo.aspx?Course_ID=BEHP1161&Section_ID=0&add_to_cart=0
– Describe why it is important to conduct a functional assessment with a functional analysis as part of the process prior to treating severe problem behavior.
– Describe the functional assessment tools that can be omitted from an effective functional assessment process.
– Describe the essential components of a functional analysis of problem behavior.
– Describe the essential features of an IISCA that distinguish it from a standard functional analysis.
– Describe the relative efficiency of the IISCA relative to other functional analysis formats.
– Describe the relative amount of control afforded by the IISCA relative to other functional analysis formats.
– Describe how to determine the validity of functional analyses.
– Describe the measures of behavior that are important for determining the success of function-based intervention for problem behavior.
– Describe the critical elements of functional communication training.
– Describe the critical features of programming to teach children to tolerate delays to and denials of the reinforcers found to be maintaining their problem behavior.
– Describe how to program for functional communication responses to maintain even when most of these responses cannot be reinforced.
– Describe several strategies for having multiple people implement this skill-based treatment throughout the day.