Until a few years ago my biggest fear in life was public speaking. I’m a fairly introverted person and verbal communication isn’t my strength or at least it was until 2015 when I took the plunge into public speaking. I’ve spoken at nearly 100 conferences & events and even was the opening keynote at a 3500 person conference.
In this video I share a few tips and tricks to help introverts & people new to public speaking come off as a master.
– Before your talk
– Spend 1-2 minutes taking deep breaths
– Practice smiling…seriously just hold it
– Build hype: Use social media to share your presentation using the conference hashtag, engage with conference attendees,
– Enter the stage smiling
– Start with a questions, ask questions frequently)
– Start with a quote
– State the biggest pain point/friction point in the first 5 slides
– Keep your slides brief (1-10 words)
– Have beautiful slides (I use Canva or hire a designer to create all of my presentation
– Include shareable nuggets of information (tweetable text)
– Use humor/funny images
– Use stories/examples to prove your point
– Don’t use big words
– End by offering something to download
Sujan Patel is the co-founder of Web Profits, a growth marketing agency helping companies leverage the latest and greatest marketing strategy to fuel their businesses. Sujan has over 14 years of internet marketing experience and has led the digital marketing strategy for companies like Sales Force, Mint, Intuit and many other Fortune 500 calibre companies.
Sujan contributes weekly columns for Inc, Forbes and Entrepreneur. He is also a prolific public speaker, delivering keynotes at events like SaaS North, Startcon, and Growth Marketing Conference.
Find Sujan here:
Web Profits (we help companies grow): https://webprofits.agency/
Pick.co (Schedule meetings without the back and forth): https://www.pick.co/
Linktexting.com (convert desktop traffic into mobile app downloads): https://www.linktexting.com/
Mailshake.com (email outreach for sales/marketers): https://mailshake.com/